https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Monday, September 26, 2011

At-Home Con, Post 4

I know I'm running this into the ground, but I'm so excited about it that I just can't stop jabbering about it!

I finalized the details of At-Home Con 2011 last night (tonight as I'm typing this). I now have the entire menu, gaming schedule, and rules list. The rules list is really more along the lines of "Don't let the cat out" than anything else, but it makes for a nice addition to the whole thing. I finished the programs, printed and folded them, and added them to the registration bags.

The registration goodies bags are pretty fair, if I say so myself. The only thing they're short of is a bunch of advertisements. Don't get me wrong, I'll take sponsors! I just don't have any at the moment (well, I had some Yowie! stickers and those went in there). Each bag is slightly different and contains no fewer than six comic books (mostly Marvel, but also an issue of Eclipse's great Kamui), a gaming book from Otherworld Creations, a deck of Over the Edge playing cards, a pack of Jim Lee's W.I.L.D.kaps, and a mystery novel chosen at random. There's also a pen and pencil.

Yes: We have registration bags, programs, and badges. It's the first theme party I've ever thrown, but since we're just going to get drunk and game all weekend, the only thing different is the theme...

© C Harris Lynn, 2011

1 comment:

Manodogs said...

Convention registration bags should be worth at least the price of admission.