Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Monday, May 07, 2012

RIP MCA

Beastie Boys' co-founder Adam Yauch died at age 47 apparently from complications due to cancer. I would be remiss in not mentioning this, although it was covered to death by basically every news outlet online and off-.

The Beastie Boys are one of my favorite groups and have been since their first studio album, License to Ill. That was a seminal album that helped bring hip-hop into the mainstream and make it more acceptable the world over. The Beastie Boys have provided the soundtrack to many of the best times of my life, particularly with Check Your Head, which remains one of my all-time favorite albums to hear from beginning to end, and MCA's presence will definitely be missed from my life.

© C Harris Lynn, 2012

No comments: