https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Lockdown, Pt. 1

I am still hamstrung by Internet-related issues, such as Blogger trying to force me to allow i18n-cloud. appspot. com in this browser window to post images or video.  I have no idea what that is, nor have I seen it before, nor do I want to use it (whatever it is).  Google [dba, Blogger] also wants me to sign-in to a slew of Google services I do not use and do not want, including Google Play, Google APIs, et. al.

I believe there is a workaround but, yet again, I am unable to access The Weirding at all, which complicates matters.  I'm certain these issues are related but have no idea as to how, nor have I figured out how to block/remove/restrict them yet.  I planned to take the computer in for repair back when I last posted, then the COVID-19 outbreak occurred.

I actually was very sick for several weeks, with an extremely dry and forceful cough, high temperatures, and so on, but it appears to be tied to the weather and is most likely a sinus infection or simple cold/flu.  OTC medicines and a shitload of vitamin C got rid of the cough (mostly, it's productive when it occurs now and I'm not having long, hard, barking fits like I was) and fever, and my ears are draining, which is not indicative of the virus.

That said, I definitely could have contracted it but, either way, I sequestered myself indoors a week or so back -- a few days before this became a media sensation and political football (to borrow a buzzword) in the US.  I'm not sure people are taking it as seriously as they should, though traffic has thinned significantly, according to people with whom I've spoken.  I have not left my house in almost three weeks now, except to check the mail.


I have taken measures to avoid all Russian, Iranian, Chinese, and North Korean operatives, which is remarkably easy, in case you wondered.  I heard that Nashville is on lockdown and that there is a petition requesting Governor Bill Lee expand that statewide, which he has not done.  In fact, no Southern GOP Governor has issued a statewide lockdown as of this writing.  Governor Abbott volunteered Texas' septuagenarians for death, to which I say, "Okay, Boomers!"

Fuck 'em; they're Texans and we need the beds.  I suggest turning Six Flags Over Jaysus into a temporary shelter-in-place old folks' home / morgue -- at least until Easter, when all of this will magically be over!

There is a COVID-19 crisis unfolding in Tennessee and around it -- Louisiana is quickly overtaking New York as the epicenter of the US outbreak as I write this -- but it is unlikely to turn into the nightmare we're watching across the rest of the world for another week or two.  I plan on staying at home the entire time, mostly inside.


I'm going to post when I can and work on these computing issues, as well as catch-up on my subscriptions.  I read the last four issues of the original Daredevil (2019) run and I have the newest incarnation lined-up and ready to go, along with DKIII and Golden Child.  I also received the latest Weird Tales a while back and hope to get into that, too.  I'll at least post some music for the foreseeable future.

I suggest Pluto, Xumo, and Al-Jazeera for COVID-19 coverage, as well as Merlin, Young Dracula, and the original Being Human.  It looks like Pluto is finally running some different MST3K episodes, so I hope they get some new RiffTrax, too.  The NHK (Japan) channel is a really unexpected blast, as well!

Stay inside; limit your IRL, personal interactions; do your very best to avoid beaches, public transportation, hiking trails, and fatal viral infections; and wash your hands often.  "We're all in this together," but all of you need to be in this together over there --- - -- - --- >

© The Weirding, 2020

No comments: