Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Wednesday, October 02, 2024

Scheduling and Testing and YouTubers

Right now I'm testing scheduled posts and listening to gamers solo play in the background. I have a list of great YouTube personalities I enjoy that I'll happily share soon, but here are a handful to get you started (NOTE: All links open in new windows):

ASMR Historian covers huge, sweeping, historical subjects over the course of 7-10 hours at a stretch. Perfect for napping, sleeping, or just having on in the background, and immensely enriching.

Pointy Hat is one you probably already know if you listen to RPG content on YouTube but, just in case you don't, he's well worth checking out. You won't be disappointed, even if you don't play D&D. In fact, that goes for everyone on this list (and all the others).

Daddy Rolled a 1 usually covers the history of the AD&D line but traverses further on occasion. Even if you didn't grow up in the days of 1st-Ed., learning the backstories of all these projects we've enjoyed over the decades is a lot of fun.

Artichoke Dip Solo Role-Play Gamer has been around for years (under his former nom de plume, Artichoke Dip), although his turn toward solo gaming is somewhat new - at least his focus on it is. 

Matthew Colville is another YouTuber who has been around for a very long time, and has been cranking-out content worth watching for that whole time. He and Artichoke Dip were among the only D&D YouTubers there were back in The Day. Luckily, there are hundreds now, but Matt and Artichoke are two that still produce content worth watching.

I have a list of many more, but I need to dole them out in parcels or I'll run out of content on this subject! But it's also easier to read this way. Hopefully you'll find these folks as entertaining and knowledgeable as I have but they'll definitely add a little personality to your day, no matter what else you have going on. In fact, most of these are either solo or face-first videos that I listen to more than actually watch. No offense to the creators, who I obviously enjoy, but you ain't missing nothing; put them on while you clean the house, tend to your game, or what-have-you.

I hope that doesn't get them into any trouble nor sag their viewership, but that's how I consume a lot of YouTube product. As I said, I also have a list of podcasts to share along the way, but these YouTubers would be on that list because I rarely have time to sit and watch what they're doing. I can listen to them no matter where I am in the house or what I have in my hands, face, or head! Pretty great way to pass the day and beats whistling while you work.

I subscribe to a lot of YouTubers and channels so don't be upset if I didn't list you yet, it just means I have another post in mind.

(I'm sorry, but I lost the attribution for the above photo. It is free to use commercially and personally, but I always mean to credit the actual creator[s]. So sorry!)

© The Weirding, 2024

No comments: