https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, May 06, 2007

"Vacation" Cut Short


Well, I'm back early. My friend's grandfather was in the hospital when I went down there and he apparently took a turn for the worse, so my friend had to leave town and be by his side. That means I am able to get back to my blogging earlier than I'd expected! I still managed to drop a nice sum of dough irresponsibly, which is a good thing - it's been months since I've done that. And coming home early allowed me to spend a little more at the grocery store, so I'm literally stocked-up for the next few weeks (the whole month, I hope!).

Quite a bit has happened in the short while I've been gone and we'll get to them directly.

BBCA has a "Brit-com" marathon all day long today, with Clatterford right now, then into Little Britain, so I'm set for the day. I also took on two new sponsors late last week and have some new wares to peddle, so you can expect a slight flurry o' activity over the next few days.

Sadly, I did not find a new computer yet. I did, however, determine that it was the power supply on this machine which went down. This will be the second power supply I have purchased for it in the last 2 years, but I also determined that I wouldn't be able to slave the hard drive into a new box because MobsterSoft made damn sure you couldn't get your money's worth out of XP, as usual. Apparently, I need some kind of license or something to move the hard drive into a new computer, and no one's sure if I have it or not.

The new Dell computers come with Linux instead of Windows and that alone means, "Dude, I'm getting a Dell!" In fact, with this 98 box, I may damn well just get what I need off that hard drive and then reformat it completely to SuSe Linux 10.x. It has it on there, but it also has XP just because Linux doesn't support most of the software I have and wouldn't detect the stupid modem.

No comments: