https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, January 04, 2008

Blazing Blatherings

Well, this here's the first post (of many, hopefully) on the new hi-speed cable modem and I have to admit, I am highly impressed. I haven't been on hi-speed since I worked tech support for a hi-speed company back around 2000. And no, we were not given hi-speed access for free...

Anyway, FTP still sucks and it's totally Google's/Blogger's fault; it publishes no faster on broadband than on dial-up. Of course, it is much easier to do actual research and check things out now, including streaming media, which will undoubtedly lead to many new posts with much new content.

It really is weird how much you miss-out on through dial-up and there are still areas where broadband simply isn't available. Like I said elsewhere, I finally got to see the Britney Spears VMA performance in its entirety... In fact, the chick I'm going out with tonight lives where she can only get DSL and it is incredibly expensive. I am going to ply her with liquor and then lure her into my home with my hi-speed internet access.

Then make her play World of Warcraft with me.

Ah, the seduction of the innocent...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry we didn't get to play Worlds of Warcraft last night. Maybe we can try that again soon.

Anonymous said...

Good comments. Haven't seen a post of yours lately. Must put this on favourites.

Manodogs said...

Hey kiwi! Sorry, but I have been pretty busy offline. I am about to get back into everything as best I can, though.

Definitely throw this blog on your favorites - better yet, subscribe to us via RSS. I'm going to be reviewing more comics this year, as the writers' strike proved to me that I have to have some kind of back-up for content...