Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Deadpool #1 - Sneak Peek!

To say I was never a Deadpool fan is misleading. Deadpool hit the Marvel Universe at exactly the time I was leaving it. I have the New Mutants and X-Force issues and I was still collecting at that time - but I was just collecting, not reading. The same is true of Gambit.

So, I do not know much about the "wise-cracking assassin," but I was none too impre
ssed with the concept to begin with - let's face it, comicdom is awash with wise-cracking assassins and one more mask does not a difference make. But I am glad to see so many of these characters returning... on the one hand.

On the other, why would anyone ever need to create a new character for the Marvel Universe? Ever again? Ever? I know Liefeld wanted to leave hi
s mark on the MU, but X-Force had already accomplished that, and even a cursory glance at the Marvel Universe would have provided ample wise-cracking assassins for use.

Whatever, just saying. Anyway, here's your sneak-peek at Marvel's Deadpool #1:















© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: