https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stan Lee Discusses Will Smith as Captain America

In a discussion with Moviefone, Stan Lee said he would be interested in working with Will Smith and thinks it would be "a real leap to make Captain America black..."

He went on to say, "If Barack Obama becomes President who knows... suddenly a lot of our characters will be black!"

Comics have always pandered. Whenever a fad takes off, comics have always been there to exploit it. But I think this one is a little questionable. I think it would be great to have more black superheroes and characters, in general, and I have no problem with the impetus for such being a black President elect. I said before that I don't mind characters being changed from white to black when they move to the big screen, but if they start changing established characters just to pander, I think most fanboys would be upset.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: