https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, November 23, 2008

True Blood Season Finale

Okay, I love True Blood - I am a regular viewer; I am a True Blood fan, I'll admit. But tonight's season finale was a little lackluster.

While the tension was good where it needed to be, the season finale totally lacked any real suspense. I mean, the whole Rene thing didn't bring the killer storyline to a climax so much as "tie it up." And you knew Bill was going to make it out alive... well, you know what I mean. The "Brotherhood of the Sun" or whatever was such a telegraphed shot for next season's arc that it was almost embarrassing - I mean, subtlety, you know? Blend it in instead of hitting us over the head with it.

I don't know how long ago it as written, but since True Blood was picked up for a second season so early-on, they had time to fine-tune it and they could have done better.

Of course, I will be there with bells on for next season, but tonight's show was... nowhere near what I was expecting for a season finale.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: