Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Local Art School

I read in the local paper where a guy is offering art courses a few blocks from my home. So I decided to take him up on his offer.

It's been a few years since I seriously involved myself in offline art; almost everything I've done in the last few years has been on the computer. They really are two different worlds, even though you bring a lot of what you learn from both into the other. I've missed it, but I'm worried about getting back on that horse - I just don't feel the drive to draw that I once did. So I'm hoping this brings it back and I mean to give it my all.

He said we're going to be given "homework" and he seems to take himself quite seriously. I plan to go in without any ego, whatsoever - as though I don't know how to draw and know nothing about art - because I want to learn whatever he has to teach me. So I'm not bringing any old sketchpads or equipment - just a notepad, no. 2 pencil, and he said to bring a ruler and a "white eraser." He was very clear about that: "a white eraser." I wondered how many people would actually have a white eraser or know where to find one in this one-horse town, so that may be why he emphasized it so?

Whatever. I have one, so I'm going to check it out. With my white eraser.

I'll let you know how it goes.

© C Harris Lynn, 2009

No comments: