Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Rundown on the Upcoming Dollhouse

Premiering this coming Friday the 13th, we here to The Rundown aren't quite as gung-ho about Joss Whedon's new outing, Dollhouse, as most seem to be. While I'll watch literally anything Eliza Dushku does, Whedon simply doesn't get my motor revving the way he does others'. Besides, there have been so many public fallings-out over the whole thing before it's even hit the air, that my personal prediction is swift cancellation - something for which FOX is known. Episodes have been moved and reshot, the entire production was shut down at one point - there was even a debacle surrounding the trailer.

However, I am always looking to bring you what you want to read, and if the Interwebs are any indication, Dollhouse is definitely on the minds of most sci-fi fans. So I dug around a bit to see what I could find and came across an interview with Dushku's co-star, Fran Kranz, who plays the wizkid who developed the program.

In fact, the L.A. Times is all about some Dollhouse! They've been following it closely since it was announced and are steadily releasing articles in their "Countdown" series. I suppose I could go on, but the links I've provided are more than enough to get you going - and keep you going for several hours! That's why we're called The Rundown.

At any rate, the promo clip above is cool enough, and Friday has a dearth of entertainment, so maybe Dollhouse will actually excel in its "doomed" timeslot? We'll have to wait until Friday after next to find out, but - like most Nerds across America - The Rundown will be there!

© C Harris Lynn, 2009

No comments: