Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Friday, September 02, 2011

New Tools

Hey guys,

Blogger released a new interface last night and I'm trying it out today. I guess I'm switching to it, if I can get it to work right for me, because you can still use the old interface. I'm giving it a test-drive for the moment, but it's all minimal and everything's moved, so it takes a while to get used to and to find everything and it's slowing me down.

I'm also working hot and heavy on the website, which is looking so much better than it ever has in its entire history that I sometimes tumble through it just to check it out. I still haven't seen the whole thing under anything other than Firefox, so you may get mixed results, but it really looks great. The content is largely the same, but there is some new stuff there. Just because the main pages haven't changed (much) doesn't mean the interior pages haven't! Come to think of it, there's quite a bit of new material there, a lot of it has just been added to pages that were already present.

Anyway, if you're a gamer, you really do owe it to yourself to spend an hour or so touring the joint.

Okay, so I'm still figuring this thing out...

Sorry. I meant for this to post later, but the time and date is screwed-up on my scheduler and I hit "Post" anyway - 12:57pm on this thing is 10:57am over here. I'm not sure where to change that, but it should have been changed already, I guess it just didn't "port over" to the new service...

UPDATE

I switched back to the old interface and this is why:

I wrote this yesterday and accidentally posted it too soon, so I drafted it and tried to reschedule it for later in the day. I thought it had posted yesterday, but it obviously didn't. The time was off on the scheduler (it was two hours ahead of my time), and I didn't notice a big "draft" notice beside it.

Some of these issues are definitely just an issue with being used to the old interface, but some of them are real issues with the new one, and I don't have time to figure out this whole new layout and setup right this minute. I'm going to play with it over the weekend, but for now, I'm sticking with the old Blogger interface so I can actually get some posts out the door.

© C Harris Lynn, 2011

No comments: