https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, January 06, 2008

One Last Thing... Long Way Down

Well, I wasn't able to come up with all the money I needed to pay my fine on time - I really had no chance of doing so, seeing as how this all happened over the holidays (not to mention my car went dead, along with my computer!) - so I go to court tomorrow and I have no idea what they'll do. I am worried to death they're going to throw me back in jail for contempt of court or bring some other charges against me or something... God forbid, because I will be forced to spend way too much money defending myself and there's no way I can simply get a lawyer - remember, I was not allowed one for no reason; I was told to get one, then it was said I'd told them I would get one (I said I needed time to look into it on my own, seeing as how I'd been held for 7 days on a 12-hour charge and just got released that Friday at 5:00, so no lawyers were available over the weekend and then one of these local law-people suggested this down-home, country cat who waited until three days before the hearing to tell me he couldn't accept partial payment - the whole thing is just collusion, false arrest, malicious prosecution, harassment... the list goes on). If I am allowed to continue to pay on the fine (I still owe like $250), then I'll be back tomorrow. Of course, there are several reports of them having hung a guy in the jail here, having broken another guy's back (he sued and won, so that one's definitely true!), and having shot some guy to death in his own front yard, in front of his family! And, of course, a cruiser magically appears every damn time I walk to the store, and has for the last three months... they just have to pull into the parking lot and turn around when I walk up there - you know, just doing their job.

Bleh. I should be drinking, huh?

I got high-speed access installed Friday and just now got my e-mail account set up, along with the security stuff. I am trying to install a home network so more than one person can be online at the same time and so I can lie on the couch and type (LAZY!), but it hasn't worked yet, so I'm going to have to research that more and I have far too much on my plate to make that a priority right now. Aside from the fact that I want to get online while lying on the couch, I was actually doing this for someone else's benefit and that's no longer a problem.

I had a "friend" (in the truest Decatur County, TN sense of the word) who was hanging out here when her boyfriend was working and/or the bars were closed and I wanted to help her get her shit together - plus it was nice to have someone around, in general - but that's all over with now. She played me like a fiddle to make her boyfriend jealous and then ditched me when he came crawling back
(and stole my beer when she left! - almost makes me understand the country music these people listen to!). I really wasn't that interested in her romantically because the very first night we went out, she ditched me the very second he showed her the slightest bit of interest - and he only did so because I was with her and she had been with some other guy the night before - not to mention that another one of her boyfriends managed to call 20 times in the 3-4 hours we were out together!

She wrote back a week or so later and "took pity" on me - or so she acted - but it turned out he just let her slime back that one night then dumped her on her big ass again, so she trotted out my tired, old, funnybook-reading butt and "pranced me around in front of him."

But this was not my first time at the rodeo, so I knew better than to fool with her... but, what can I say? It's lonely here and I needed to get out of the house. Besides, constantly being alone isn't really healthy.
She and I have absolutely nothing in common except a general geographic location, but I went along with it because I was bored and lonely, so I figure I deserved it. At least that's the predominant consensus 'round these-here parts.

I knew she wasn't interested in me in any way - she doesn't even like me (all she does is mope around and drink, like I'm such a frigging wet blanket - but the minute she gets around him, she turns into this vivacious, outrageously happy, thoroughly outgoing little party girl, "Watch me drink! Look, look, look at me! Look at me dance! LOOK AT ME, DAMMIT! Aren't I silly? Aren't I fun? I'm so tipsy! I might have sex with you - NO I WON'T! HAHAHA! I was just kidding, I'm like that! You totally fell for it! Aw, don't be mad - self-respect is such a drag! It's no fun if you stand-up for yourself! Watch me drink more! Isn't that fun?! Look at how hot I am! Look! I'm so hot, I'm so into me - aren't you!? But I'm totally out of your league... whoa, I just puked all over my boobs! HAHAHA!
I'm like that! STOP STARING AT MY BOOBS! Look! Look at me! It's all in my hair! God, I'm so hot, aren't I? Validate me! Look at me! STOP LOOKING AT ME!"). It's pathetic and embarrassing, but I'm the asshole if I point that out... I mean, what the hell ever happened to just being nice to people and getting to know them just because?! If you so much as ride in a car with someone down here, you're automatically engaged. But I knew that going in and I still let her drag me down, so...

I did try to be a real friend to this little bitch and instead of just doing the same, she'd pretend to be interested in me so that I'd pay her the sexual attention she craves, then shut me down, then pretend to be interested in me, then shut me down - all the while, smoking my cigarettes and drinking my beer, thinking she was so clever and justifying it with the age-old, "Well, he should know better than to let me, so he got what he deserves." If I consciously kept things on the friendship level, she'd get flirty, but if I made a move, she'd sternly remind me how she didn't want a relationship and so forth; I got it the very first time, I just pressed the point in order to force her into owning it - she never did, though. She doesn't give a damn about anyone else and she's not about to take responsibility for her sociopathic tendencies. After all, isn't Sociopathy hot? And, of course, the minute her boyfriend would call, she'd melt into a little puddle of stupid and dance about like a three-year old child then ditch my tired ass and rush to his bedside - because he never calls her just to hang out or do anything else.

She's far too self-absorbed for any of it to matter and I'll never hear from her again (unless it's her boyfriend or one of her barfly buddies "goana come whoop my ass - GIT ER DONE!" or maybe her ex-boyfriend in this county or the ex-boyfriend in that one or or the ex-husband in the other one...) - she just wears people out then burns the bridges behind her and moves on so she never has to deal with any of it. And none of this matters because all her "friends" for whom she put this show on are already on to her and warned me from the start, so her days are numbered there; once she gets figured out, she just makes a dramatic exit and never apologizes, then she'll slime back around after a few months, when it's all died-down.

So she ripped me off, made me look like a complete tool in front of her "new best friends" whom I'll never see again (I hope),
had a great time at my expense, and got her boyfriend back... and I'm back a-bloggin' (at least until they cart my skinny ass off to jail tomorrow... God I hope not!).

I'm hurt and angry because this just happened, but I'm not going to get all bitter over it; that's why I wanted to blog about it and just get it all out there and be done with it. I swear before God though, every last one of these people in Decatur County, TN are exactly the same! I honestly think it's because they all dropped-out of highschool and have done nothing but party since then - so it's like they never really got out of highschool. But they all enjoy what they're doing to themselves and one another, and they're not going to change their ways, so what do I care? Of course, they all complain when it comes back around - and that's when they want to cozy-up to me; it's just one never-ending circle of stupid. This one gets mad at that one and cozies-up to the other, then turns on that one in order to make-up with the first one until they have another falling-out, on and on and on, ad nauseam. They'll go away for a few weeks, then slowly creep back around if you let them. Hey, they're having fun, right? Pocketful of poseys...

So over it.

OH! I heard that they shut down half the county the other day because they found some dynamite or something along the road or in the woods! I don't know if that's true or not and there's no way of finding out unless and until the paper comes out Wednesday... I mean what the hell would anyone in Decatur County, TN have to do with dynamite - what reason would anyone here have to even know where or how to get it?! Can you hunt with dynamite? It may have been to protect a meth lab in the middle of the woods, though... only thing I can figure.

It's really like its own little world, y'all - like nothing you've ever experienced... nor want to!

Still, I'm dumb enough to keep learning the same lesson over and over - I keep getting ripped-off by the general populace, the fecking police, the white trash river skanks... every damn person here! And even though this girl's about to find out what kind of "friends" she's made, it won't matter to her - she's the same kind of "friend" to everyone else; she'll just move on to the next bar and burn those people out, then move out of town, blahblahblah. When everyone gets tired of her and doesn't want to fool with her, her boyfriend will lose interest again and once the trouble she's in currently gets carried through to its logical conclusion tomorrow, none of them are going to come pick her up or entertain her. She definitely has it coming and I don't feel the least bit sorry for her. And I have it coming to me if I so much as talk to another one of these people ever again - unless absolutely forced to because I'm, say, thrown in jail with them... ugh!

I have far too much going on to deal with this shit.

So, here's to hoping you hear from me again! And soon...

And please continue to vote for me, even if I don't return! Or hell, just SEND MONEY! I have got to get out of this garbage factory.

If I had found dynamite in the middle of the woods? I just might have thrown myself on top of it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, now that I know how you really feel. Why couldn't you say this giant line of crap to me in person? And for the record, That was my beer, that I bought, that I took. It seems to me that your the kind of person who throws a fit just because someone won't sleep with you. I thought you were a great guy to hang out with. Now I am the enlightend one.

Manodogs said...

Ah, crap. The contest ended and, needles to say, I did not win... ah well, I tried. I'm interested to see how Google handles the whole PR thing now that most of us have been setting at a big, fat goose-egg for the last three months! I mean, they certainly can't say we're in violation of TOS now, because we have no PR to pass along!...

But thanks to everyone who did vote for me!

Manodogs said...

I gave you a week to see if this was how you wanted to handle this and I guess it is. Kinda dumb, if you ask me - like me going into your boyfriend's bar and starting a fight with you - but okay, you wanted it...

First off, I am a great guy to hang out with - that goes without saying.

Secondly, I notice you didn't deny anything in this post except that you stole my beer... that says volumes about you that I... I mean, there you go. But, just for the record, that beer was in my fridge when you got here and you took it with you when you left. With all the beer that gets drank around here and all the money I spend on it, I don't particularly care to pick nits as to whom actually spent the $6.00 on those particular bottles. For as much of my beer as you've guzzled, you really shouldn't, either.

My response can be found by clicking this link.