Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Rundown is Moving

We've discussed this before: moving The Rundown to The Weirding domain. I decided to hold-off on it for the longest time just because Blogger was going through a bunch of changes and I wasn't sure how to do everything, but now I am determined to move The Rundown to The Weirding domain in short time.

This decision is not a last-minute thing; I have been looking into it ever since The Weirding went live.

However, I am still doing research into everything and how it will work. We don't have a really high Google PR, but we are interested in keeping what we do have, so I'm not 100% certain how that works and am trying to find out. There are a lot of conflicting reports. I would assume the PR would actually go up, if anything, but I don't know for certain.

Further, I want to make sure that guys who are coming to the site for the first time and/or coming from a link somewhere else are redirected or at least referred to the new address. Everything I've found about that suggests it does redirect them, but we are pretty well established here, so I want to make 100% certain this is the case before I do anything.

Also, I have to dig-out the old template and do some serious work because you have to use classic templates when you host from your own site. I do not know if the current layout and design will follow us or not, but I guarantee some changes - not sure exactly what those changes will be nor how everything will manifest itself, but you can rest assured changes in the design and look are coming. I'm actually looking forward to them, since I like the freedom editing a raw template gives me over the cookie-cutter "widget" design of the new Blogger (although I like that, too - very easy to use, just not as customizable as I prefer).

Obviously, The Rundown will be integrated into the overall Weirding site design, but aside from that, everything will remain largely the same. This is going to be a hell of a lot of work, though! And I already have a very full plate with the site itself. But things will get done.

In fact, if I ever get a few days where the phonelines stay in place, the internet continues to work, the sites and hosts I use behave correctly, I can cut through the spam, and so on and so forth, you might even actually get to see some new content!

Yeah, I... don't count on it. (Just kidding.)

No comments: