Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Saturday, February 28, 2009

SweetIM

I am a computer guy, not a phone guy; if you can't get in touch with me via IM, e-mail, or landline, then I am unavailable (or unavailable to you, but all the same). I do not "text," nor do I "drunk dial" - I do not even own a cellphone! I am a computer guy and I love it.

I spend a whole lot of time in IM, at least when I am not busy, and I used to spend a lot more. Since I started the website and got to work on it in earnest, I do not have the time to chat that I once did, but I still manage to talk pretty regularly - even while working. I use the original IM - AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) - because it has all of the features I need without a bunch of bells and whistles I don't, and though everything AOL does is bloated, it is nowhere near as large and wieldy as some of the other IM programs out there. Still, there are certain things AIM does not allow me to do that I wish it did.

That is what SweetIM is for!

Once installed, the application toolbar lets you add all sorts of fun things to your IM sessions with a click of the button. Smilies, winks, video winks, emoticons, sounds, and more - clicking any one of the buttons opens a whole world of IM fun that you can share with whomever you are talking to.

And SweetIM is 100% safe. In October, 2008, SweetIM was certified by TRUSTe as a Trusted Download Product. So you know you and your IM buddies are protected and SweetIM is not another, fly-by-night toolbar service filled with tracking cookies, spybots, and so forth.

Just follow any of the links provided to install with your favorite messenger, including YIM, AIM, ICQ, Mozilla, Explorer, and MSN Messenger, and check it out for yourself. For as much time as I spend in IM, a program like this is exactly what I need to help pass the time!