https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Black Donnellys & Studio 60


I missed Heroes last night. It was on while I was doing other things, but then I had to run to the store and missed the middle, so I just turned it off. I'll catch the repeat sometime, but I don't think they are showing the repeats on Sci-Fi anymore. I have a feeling they will, once all the new episodes have aired - in fact, I'm sure they'll have some marathon of it at least one day, if not a few.

At any rate, you've probably noticed that Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip is missing from the schedule. They haven't made a definite cancellation yet, and I'm sincerely hoping they don't! Studio 60 is a really great show with the best cast on TV - not just now, but quite possibly ever! - and if you didn't get into it before, keep an eye out for the DVD or maybe reruns on Bravo! or one of those cable networks.

They replaced it with a crime drama, The Black Donnellys, which I saw the premiere of last week but didn't bother to watch last night. It's a good show, mind you, but really not on a par with Studio 60. I would actually watch both shows if they managed to schedule them in decent timeslots - specifically, Wednesday would be great cuz there ain't shit on TV on Wednesdays.

The Big Sleep comes on TCM tonight at 9:00 CST. Great flick and a pretty faithful adaptation of the book, as well. This, like Misery, is one of the few movies that's pretty much as good as the book, and that's saying a lot, since Chandler is far and away my favorite author. Either way, you really owe it to yourself to read Chandler's work, even if you don't particularly care for the movie, because he's just a great writer.

No comments: