https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, October 26, 2012

On Cheerleader Massacre - A Review

Cheerleader Massacre is a 2003 C-lister by famed B-movie auteur, Jim Wynorski. I had actually purchased this on PPV when it was first released and barely remembered it, though I recalled not liking it. I was pleasantly surprised on watching it again all these years later.

This is actually a pretty damn good film. The acting is better than it should be (though certainly bad) and the production is amazing for being so cheap. The Popatopolis documentary I reviewed earlier had clued me in to Wynorski's talent, so I was more keenly aware of his direction and I have to admit, this guy is pretty damn good!

Cheerleader Massacre is a by-the-numbers B-rater with moderate production value and Wynorski's abilities elevate it into something resembling an actual movie. There is ample nudity, a brief but fairly hot sex scene, and a little gore and it's all handled quite well. The nude/sex scenes are completely gratuitous, as they should be, and the bodies start piling up quickly.

Highly recommended.

© C Harris Lynn, 2012

1 comment:

Manodogs said...

I meant to add that there are no genuine frights in the film. It's just a straightforward boobfest. It also includes at least one cheap kill not at all related to anything. Still recommended though.