https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, June 22, 2007

Frank Miller Does Chandler

Now how great is this?

As most of you know, Raymond Chandler is my favorite author and Frank Miller is my favorite comic book legend. Now, reports indicate that Miller will direct Clive Owen in a film adaptation of Raymond Chandler's novel, Trouble is my Business. This is one of the few Chandler works I have not read and it has never been adapted to film.

Of course, many of Chandler's longer works were actually culled from earlier, shorter ones, and since this features his iconic character, Philip Marlowe, I have likely read the shorter version at some point. Still, I would love to read this book before it hits the screens because I have every plan to see it.

Fans of Miller's know how strong Chandler's influence has been on him and his work. Clive Owen said, "Frank Miller knows more about noir than anyone I have ever met... Miller adapting Chandler seemed like a perfect match."

No production dates have been given yet. Miller is currently working on Will Eisner's The Spirit and is then set to start work on Sin City 2 with Robert Rodriguez, so we'll keep you posted.

No comments: