https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Thor #1 - A Review

I always loved Thor. I can’t say exactly why - maybe it was my love of the Norse mythology or Dungeons and Dragons, and fantasy in general - but I know Walt Simonson had a lot to do with it. I was a fairly faithful reader once he took over, then began collecting the back issues in a random manner.

So when I heard Marvel was bringing the God of Thunder back for a new series, I signed up straight away. And let me tell you something, kids: if the first issue is any indication, this series is going to ROCK!

The pencils, the pacing, the concept, the artwork and story, period... this is one of those comic books - not unlike my monthly dose o’ Daredevil - that reminds me why I collect comics to begin with. No, reminds me why I fell in love with comic books to start with! I really could gush all day about this one, but suffice it to say, the new Thor is definitely on my must-have list now and you need to check it out.

I went camping and fishing this weekend, but I’m going to be back to the normal run of things this week. My car battery is shot and I have to wait for my dad to bring me one because he said he has three brand new ones just setting at their house and doesn’t want me spending money on one - which is great, but means that I’ll have to get a jump from neighbors for a few more days, if and when I need to get anywhere.

At any rate, it means I’m stuck here, so I’ll be posting like mad. Might even get more done on the site, too! I hope...


No comments: