Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Battlestar Galactica Season 4.5 Teaser

I pride myself on my nerdery, but also my honesty, and regular readers know I am no fan of Battlestar Galactica. I tried - I really did - but it simply did not "take" on me. I found it too dramatic, too heavy - there was absolutely no comedic relief and absolutely no... not even levity, just contrast at all.

You can have contrast in a drama without resorting to comedic relief - there is romance, good-hearted competition (such as that between friends), even a simple, character developmental-based dialogue exchange (so prevalent on Boston Legal). Yet Battlestar Galactica was just one, long, drawn-out, oppressively heavy-handed Drama - with a capital D.

But it has developed a fanbase as rabid as any I have seen. So here you go, BG fanboys: the season 4.5 teaser.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: