https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Utopia? Yeah, Not So Much

For the first time since highschool, I have enjoyed reading Uncanny X-Men - I mean really enjoyed it! That's all thanks to Matt Fraction and I want to thank him for that (Greg Land is owed no small amount of credit, as well).

HOWEVER...

I opened #514 only to figure out... fucking nothing! No, I take that back: I figured out I had no idea what was going on, when it had started, who was involved - I think you're getting the idea. Turns out, that was the idea I was supposed to get, because there was no way I could know what was going on without also reading Dark Avengers #7 and 8, along with something else, and then I need to rush out and buy yet another book - a "special" one!

It was what we (both inside and outside the industry) call "a dick move." Except, of course, it was done by a corporation, so complaining about it results in a chorus of "Duh-h"-type responses from the... is it intellegentsia? (Spell Chekc says "no.")

Anyhow, I have no idea how events played-out because all the issues I don't already have are already too expensive to buy. Luckily - and, yes, The Corporation loves us (this is how we know) - I'm sure they will all be collected into a super-, jumbo-sized TPB with a different cover than the $34.95 hardcover (Duh-h) so I can figure out WTF is going on in #519.

© C Harris Lynn, 2009

No comments: