https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hex Marathon Tonight!

Okay, so if you know anything about me, you know how much I completely love BBCA's Hex -- and not just because all the chicks are so incredibly hot (they are, by the way). I never got into Buffy or Charmed or any of those shows. I tried watching Angel for a few weeks when it was on TNT in the afternoon, but it didn't take either. And I enjoyed like seasons 2 and 3 of X-Files, but the rest of the show just didn't do it for me -- it was a lot of paranormal stuff crammed into one hour, with an "overarcing" conspiracy tacked onto it all just to keep people tuning in -- all the storylines started, stopped, and resumed haphazardly.

Hex, on quite the other hand, is simply brilliant. It's dark and funny and dramatic and spooky, tender and touching and straightforward -- everything, all at once (and did I mention how all the chicks are hot?). And it's done so deftly that it's hard not to get hooked right off the bat -- which is what happened to me a few weeks ago:

I'd been meaning to check out the show, but kept missing it (largely because I use My Yahoo!'s TV schedule, which never gets BBCA's schedule right -- SciFi's, either -- but I didn't know for sure until after this lucky accident), and one dreary Sunday hangover, I was tripping through the channels when I saw it on. I sat down to watch and realized it was a marathon of all the shows up to that point (four or five), so I figured I'd give it a shot and see what I thought.

By hour 2, I had a pillow and blanket and was curled up on the floor in front of the tube for the rest of the afternoon!

That was also the day I figured out how to set the schedule on my cable (so that it auto-flips to the channel when a program comes on, etc.) -- all thanks to Hex.

Now, I'll warn you that I've intentionally strayed from spoilers, but the links I've included have plenty (whole episode guides and so on), but I'd been chatting with some people about some glaring continuity errors, and it appears that they have not only edited the episodes for content, but also changed the order in which they were originally shown. So, even if you do read the episode guides and so on, the seasons on BBCA are apparently a bit different, if only in the way the story is presented.

BBCA is running a marathon of Hex tonight (Saturday), starting at 8 PM, Central.

Sadly, the series was canceled after the second season (of course) and there appear to be no plans to revive it at this time, but the blogs are filled with fans, so maybe there's a chance they'll resurrect it at some point? After all, it's happened before...