https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Fantastic Four Marathon on Boomerang!

Cartoon Network's sister station, Boomerang, has a "mini-marathon" of the old Fantastic Four cartoon starting in about an hour (for those in the CST) and running through 9:00 PM, CST. Boomerang specializes in older cartoons of all kind, but has a penchant for superhero animation and has notably shown newer superhero cartoons, such as Justice League.

Boomerang is only available on top-tier cable and dish network packages. To its credit, it shows no commercials, but I just want to say that I pay damn near $100 per month for my top-tier cable package and had I not set my TV scheduler online, I would not have known this was coming on! Further, my cable company recently changed its channel numbers, so even though I knew it was coming on, I had to spend a few minutes looking for the channel!

I know the cable companies are putting pressure on AT&T for wanting to change the "fair competition" laws (according to the cable companies), but I don't really feel there's so much fair about it. I'm saving a whole $5.00 by subscribing to my local cable company and get about 5 fewer channels than I would on a good satellite network. In return, I get no schedule, no advanced warning of anything, not even an updated channel guide!

But Fantastic Four for five hours straight helps ease all this anger.

No comments: