https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Studio 86?

Well, the ratings are in and Shark pretty much "devoured" (aaargh!) Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip last week, despite our best efforts to drum-up some much-needed support for the dramedy. One could say that people just aren't interested, but I think most people just aren't interested in getting involved in such a complex show when they already know it's been axed.

It's really a shame because the ensemble cast is easily the best on TV in... maybe since Ever, specifically for this type of show. The writing is sharp, steadily towing the line between realism and lampoon, but never really going cartoonish, and it's just a lot of fun. I hate that more people didn't get into this show because it really is one of the better things that was on TV.

But I like - excuse me, I love, love - Hex, and that only lasted two seasons. It looks like the best we can hope for is drumming-up more support for that in hopes of BBCA picking it up, as they did The Graham Norton Show, which I have always loved. Graham Norton is one of the truly funny people on this earth and I couldn't be happier to see him home. I get LOGO, but never knew when he was on and now it seems he's on opposite Frasier and, well, I gotta have my Frasier.

So, I still hold high hopes for Studio 60, but things don't look so good. It kind of makes me wish they'd go back to the old days of television and bring it back once in a while in like 2-hour made-for-TV movies. I think it would really work well in that regard. Besides, it's not like NBC is knocking them out of the park, even though America's Got Talent topped the charts last week.

No comments: