https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Monday, July 16, 2007

Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix Breaks Record


I told you the other day how I was getting confused about all the records every other movie they release this year is breaking, but if I had bothered to actually read the whole announcement I got last Friday, I would have understood that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix broke the record for highest-grossing movie on a Wednesday. Now, mind you, they rarely release movies on a Wednesday, so I didn't even know this was a category. The former record-holder was Spider-Man 2.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix brought in over $44 million on its opening day. It landed at #5 on the all-time best-grossing openings and played in a record 91 IMAX screen theaters. The seventh, and final, book in the series - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - will be released this Saturday. Follow the link to pre-order at a fraction of the retail price.

No comments: