https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Blahs

I don't know what is wrong with me - I just have not been able to sleep lately. I mean hardly at all! I seem to get a nod here and there for 2-3 hours, then I am wide-awake. This has been going on for days now and is the reason I missed a few days earlier in the week. I am rundown and just unable to get going and even though I have laid down when I have gotten sleepy and tried to get back on my regular schedule since Monday, it just hasn't happened yet.

I honestly think what's been going on with these sites and blogs, as well as just regular life, is the problem. I'm just one of those people who can't shake something I can't control. I have more than enough to worry about without all of this stuff, but it's just one more thing; it isn't the actual problem itself so much as just my personality.

It's like the cable bill thing: I know it was paid and I can see where it was paid both online and in my bank statement. The cable company said nothing would change at least until Monday or so, so I should be able to rest easy and not worry about it, yet I can't.

And I found out earlier that my folks won't be up for T-Day. I have some friends I can eat with, but - you know - it isn't exactly the same. It will be nice to spend a holiday with different folks and will hopefully bring us closer together, but it's also a bit intimidating. Still, I'll do that around noon tomorrow, and then I'm coming home, wrapping up on the couch, and reading comic books. All day. While watching MST3K.

But I'm not lying down and just "taking it." I found a shoulder steak in the freezer last night and thawed it out. I'm about to season and marinate it, then I'll cook it up later tonight or leave it in the fridge until tomorrow. I know, with all my monetary woes, I'm eating steak - but it is just shoulder steak and it was only $2.00, so you know this isn't a "steak"-steak. Still, it's nice, and gives me an incentive to wash these damn dishes. That should make me feel better, as well.

No comments: