Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Thursday, February 12, 2009

American Idol - Already Over It

So Jamal doesn't get in, but Tatiana does? Over it.

Seriously, I'm not even wasting my time with American Idol this year. Simon's right: that Kara chick is threatened by attractive girls. I've always found that interesting because only attractive girls are threatened by attractive girls. 


Did I say "interesting"? I think I meant "hot."

Still, reality TV has its own rules and I get them, they just don't make for good competition. I realize Tatiana's clinical insanity will make for good TV, but only to an extent -- after all, viewers are tuning-in to hear the music competition and all the craziness that comes with it is just the icing on the cake. Of course, I could be wrong and we all know craziness gets big ratings when it comes to reality TV.

Still, there were several who made it through that were either questionable or flat-out should not have and Jamal was one of the better singers. What really got me was the excuse they used: he just didn't stand-out. He was one of the few who did stand-out -- for singing!

So I'm not fooling with it. If American Idol is intent on becoming less a competitive musical talent show and more your run-of-the-mill reality series, there are shows which fulfill that better. Like Sober House and Tool Academy.

© C Harris Lynn, 2009

No comments: