https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tonight's American Idol Rundown

Last year, I quit watching American Idol around this time because the clear lead - I forget who it was (I'm pretty sure it was a female, but I honestly can't even recall that now) - was voted-off around now. Of course, "voted-off" is kind of a misnomer, since no one is so much voted-off as voted to stay. At any rate, the (by far) best contender was no longer competing around this time in the competition last year, so I resolved then and there to find something else to do with my entire week - and there is plenty.

Tonight, Alison made it through - and she was clearly the best singer last night - but while neither Jesse nor Matt deserved to make it through based on the strength of their performances last night, I was hoping Megan got another chance. Granted, her performance last night was lacking - she just didn't hit it the way I think she can, but she's good-looking. I mean real damn good-looking. And she has that sultry, husky voice. It's no surprise she's got a kid... nor that she's raising it alone.

Wha-at? Everything about the girl screams, "SEX!" She better watch the burgeoning sleeve though; tattoos are basically a neon sign, which say... well, unless you're an aborigine or pirate, you don't have a real reason to get a tattoo. I freely admit I wish she'd gone further just because she's eye-candy, but it isn't as if she can't sing, now. And Alison is cute, but she's 16! You know, just no.

Anyway, this is a really long way of getting around to saying I don't like the way they're doing the eliminations this year.

I don't know who the third person is to go through yet.

© C Harris Lynn, 2009

No comments: