Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Friday, November 22, 2019

NEW Despised Icon - Snake in the Grass

Despised Icon - Snake in the Grass

I know this shit's old by the time I get it out but that's just the way it goes.

I won't waste your time with my views on "Slam," but I will say that although music from bands like Despised Icon owe a lot to Suffocation and other bands from the (mostly early '90s) NYBDM scene, they also owe a lot to hardcore bands like Agnostic Front, Sick of It All, and even Helmet (which I don't think is from NY).

I get why it's called "Slam Metal," but I believe all of the bands I just mentioned should be excluded from that label for a list of reasons that I said I wouldn't waste your time detailing.  Those reasons are:

© The Weirding, 2019

No comments: