https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Tonight's Smallville and Supernatural

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD]

I know I often review these shows and movies conservatively to try and keep from giving too much away, but as far as the cool TV shows I like, if you aren't watching them, you should prolly just skip the post because I want to discuss these things with other fans. I often do it for readers on the coast as well, because I know it will be a few hours before they even get the chance to miss them.

And I got about a pot of coffee in me, so I'm all chatty. So I'll likely be up all night, whether I lie down or not (that's a pee joke)... I don't think I give too much away on either show if you've caught even a few episodes (especially this season), but just in case...

Smallville

I know I waited a long time to get into this but, again, I didn't know we had a local WB affiliate where I lived until I had already moved, so I missed a lot of good shows. I got into Smallville by watching the reruns Tue-Fri on ABC Family and just started watching the new episodes this season, so I'm sure there are holes in my show history if anyone cares to catch me up to date.

Still, I realize Lex tricked Lana into marrying him - I get all that - that happened since I've been watching. What I don't get is that I thought Lana willingly dated him, even if it was only to make Clark jealous or get back at him, right? She did have genuine feelings for him before she figured out how cold and manipulative Lex is, did she not? It's just mildly confusing to me since I don't know the entire history chronologically.

Go to CWTV.com to check out the interactive comic book/game they've been showcasing the past few weeks. You can play it on your phone, too.

Supernatural

I could kick myself for not having gotten into this earlier! I really love Supernatural. Love like I want to marry it. I cannot say enough about this show!

If you ever played Chill or ever think you might, you have literally got to watch this show at least once. You'll be hooked by the first commercial break! The attention to detail and the faux "realism" - the real hook of the show is the fantastic suspension-of-disbelief it achieves and maintains - is just phenomenal. In fact, I'm going to pull out my Chill stuff tonight and look up some of the creatures they've featured since I started watching, just to see how close they are. I really wonder just how far apart they are.

Anyway, I'm almost positive I already told y'all about this but I can't find the post, so I'll tell you now that the Supernatural graphic novel hits stores May 2nd. It actually focuses on their dad, who is dead in the series (by now; I don't know if he ever appeared alive in the show, but I think he did a season or two back). I could have sworn that I already told y'all that; I've known about it for a few months now and as much as I've been getting into it, I can't believe I haven't gushed about it yet. Either way, that's solidly in the Free Comic Book Week, being just one day after the first. If you are on good terms with your comics provider, you can ask, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

They also have a contest on the CW site where the winner(s) get to visit some of the most haunted spots in America.


No comments: