https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Supernatural Season Finale

Got to be one of the best shows on TV and easily the best horror-based show in at least a decade or more (depending on how you'd classify X-Files), excepting Hex (June 2nd, y'all!!).

[SPOILERS]

I have an idea this is going to lead into a storyline that will jibe with the new comic book(s) that are coming out now. I get my first issue in another month or two and I'll definitely let you know what I think about that, but I already know that one of the series follows their dad like before they were born or at least before he died. And if that seems obvious to you, then you didn't see tonight's episode and should stop reading here.

So, like... I mean? What do they have to do? Do they have to hunt Dad down now and bring him back to the Gate? Or did he go to Heaven? Sam asked Dean, "Where do you think he is now?" So maybe that means he's still in the Earthly realm? Either way, how cool was that?

Heroes needs to take a page from this and Smallville's books. I mean, they've gone through 2 seasons hunting this demon, and once they finally get him, they release a few hundred more in the process! Just killer, just great.

And yes, Supernatural had several "filler" stories this season, too - and by filler, I mean one-episode stories that have little to do with the ongoing storyline(s) - but they were a bit better than Smallville's, in my opinion. Plus, Smallville likes to encapsulate fillers in like the first 45 minutes, then advance the ongoing story in the last 15 (although they have done several one-offs that last the whole hour, too).

Did anyone else get the idea that they'd filmed a few endings, just in case they got canceled? And did you get the whole "one year" bit? I can't believe they only extended this show for one more year! If any of them should get 2+ year contracts, this is it.

Sadly, CW canceled cult-hit, Veronica Mars.