https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Monday, October 15, 2007

Heroes... Right?

You know, maybe I'm biased because of last season, but did you enjoy tonight's Heroes? I have to be honest, it was a real letdown for me. It reminded me of at least half of the shows from last season: just filler.

I am so tired of the whole "mystery" surrounding everything in this series. I mean, every, single, little thing in Heroes is a mystery! Who is the cop's dad? Where is the cop's dad? Why should we care? Where is Peter and what is going on with him? Where did the little girl come from? Is Claire's dad good or bad? Is the black guy good or bad? What happened to the new hero's brother? How is Sylar involved? Etc., etc.

And the next episode bears the tagline, "The episode where nothing is what it seems." Well... duh! Shit, the whole show could carry the tagline, "The show where no one knows what the hell is going on"!

Three shows in and I'm already over it. I was afraid this would happen and I said so. I really want the folks at work on this thing to stop whatever they are doing and do something else - damn near anything else! Let's clear up some of these mysteries and loose ends and get an actual story going, for cripe's sake! Would the creators enjoy watching a show where they have absolutely no idea what is going on? How long do you think they would enjoy watching it?

By the time it comes back on, I have completely forgotten what happened the week before because I got lost halfway through it! Shit, with Heroes, I forget what happened before the commercial break!

No comments: