https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Amy Crackhouse

So the big news yesterday was about a video of singer, Amy Winehouse, smoking crack.

Winehouse is a hot mess who has been in and out of the news the last several months due to drugs, canceled tours/concerts, her husband's arrest, her own arrest... just a string of legal troubles. One thing that has not been mentioned much is her music.

While we discuss these things on a regular basis, I have stayed away from this one largely because I don't know who the hell Amy Winehouse is! Obviously more famous overseas than here, I only know that she is a singer along the lines of Fiona Apple, etc. - one of those folksy, jazzy broads with a "smoky" timbre (no pun intended). I do not know that I have ever heard any of her songs, but I know her name now thanks to the continuing coverage of her legal woes.

Now, police are saying they are going to look at the film to determine if any further action needs to be taken. I do not know how the law works across The Pond, but I don't think they could do anything about it here, since it was after the fact - I do not know that for certain, either. Of course, taped evidence of a crime being committed is admissible in a court of law, but there are statutes and a lot of semantics, so I don't expect any real legal action to be taken against the singer as it pertains to this footage.

I do expect her to enter some sort of drug treatment program soon, however. I'm not sure how successful it will be, but take a look at this picture...

Dear Amy,
Hi thee to rehab ASAP!

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

2 comments:

Sue Jeffels Writing said...

I agree, she needs to get to rehab asap. She has a great voice, along the lines of Billie Halliday I think.Trouble is she has been shot into the limelight and just can't cope. Hope she is not going to be another Joplin or Hendrix

suejeff

Manodogs said...

Suejeff! ltns! Glad to see you found your way back to our little pixel-park.

I don't know what her problem is, but being too pretty ain't it. Just... putting that out there.