https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Daniel Baldwin: Total Pig

Wow.

I saw this earlier in the week and saw the last episode last week, but I didn't get to writing this for several days. But, man! Did you see Celebrity Rehab the past couple weeks?

Daniel Baldwin is such a total shit!

Now, I do not believe that addiction is a "disease." I do believe some people are more predisposed to addiction due to genetics, upbringing, and social factors, but taking drugs is a choice and being an addict is a lifestyle choice. You can argue it with me however you want, but I know this from personal experience, so you're facing a brick wall. If you truly want to "get sober," you have to quit using -- period. You have to make a conscious decision to change your life and lifestyle and, if you do not do that, I do not feel compassion for you -- I am not sympathetic, I am not empathetic -- you're a filthy junkie and I have no use for you, whatsoever.

Daniel Baldwin is a filthy, useless junkie.

The only way these people ever change is when they are literally forced to face the fallout of their choices. Of course, their mode of operation is to leave before that happens. They stay gone and never deal with it or they stay gone just long enough for the situation to die down, then they slowly come back around a little at a time as though nothing ever happened.

As much as I am usually against this kind of thing, I have to admit, I couldn't be happier that Daniel Baldwin's true nature was exposed to the entire world the way it was! I was particularly impressed with the editing, which did not create the situation; it played-out right before our eyes and was shown to us as it happened. 


In a lot of reality shows, they would have edited this all around to make Baldwin out to be the consummate "bad guy" and have it all fit into one episode, giving him the opportunity to get in the press and tell everyone "his side" of the story and blame it all on editing, etc. We would have been left with that lingering doubt as to how much of the whole thing was really real.

But that isn't what happened and I credit Dr. Drew Pinski's involvement for that.

Daniel Baldwin is a filthy junkie and has had more than his fair share of chances. Cut him off, people; cut him off from his career, cut him off from his lifestyle, cut him off completely. He is never going to change because he doesn't want to -- and he doesn't have to; he's used up his chances and it should be over for him and anyone who gives him another chance is a fool for doing so and deserves what they get.

Having said all of this, I am certain Mary Ellen Cooke played into it to some degree, but seeing as how she is a sex addict, I do have some sympathy for her. I'm not saying she's completely blameless but, if we switch it around and say Mary Ellen had cocaine that she offered to Daniel Baldwin, I'd be saying the same things in reverse!

Daniel Baldwin is "sick," but he does not have an illness. Cut him off and stop him from doing more damage.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: