https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, December 24, 2009

More Anti-Spam

I'm not sure what happened, because spam has been very manageable the last few years following the institution of comment moderation, but the last several weeks have seen an absolute flood of spam, specifically from foreign lands. The Cyberculturalist is currently under attack by forces unknown from India, so there may be some relation, but I don't think so (generally speaking); I think Blogger's whole "translation" features are to blame. I had no choice but to initiate further anti-spam measures.

You now have to punch-in one of those darned ID code-thingies before your post goes through. I hated to do it and held-out for as long as possible, but I'm once again spending upwards of an hour a day rejecting comments. I was hoping they would die-off after a short while, but it's going-on at least two months now (if not longer) without abatement, so... there it is.

© C Harris Lynn, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just in time for Christmas; the gift that keeps giving.

Manodogs said...

I know. At least they aren't as bad as they used to be! I still have to enter the damned code three-four times on some sites, they're so hard to read...