https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Hex

So, I realize I said that saving Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip looked impossible, but if for any reason you happened to see it last week, then you know why I and the other 10-11 folks who watch it, are still trying so hard.

Last week's episode literally brought me to tears at one point and was, well if that had been their season premiere, the show would likely have taken off the way everyone expected it to. And I really hoped the new timeslot would bring a few more people into the fold. Shark is a great show and I have really enjoyed it, but I hate to see Studio 60 fold. It just has so much promise and they don't give anything a decent shot on TV anymore. I remember a time when, if a TV show was a breakout hit, it was something special - a real event; now, if a show isn't an immediate breakout hit, it's canceled the next week!

Hex

[SPOILERS]

This week's Hex, well... I could gush and gush, but I really had to watch the repeat. I don't know what I was doing last week when it was on, because I specifically remember seeing it, but I didn't remember most of the details. I've got a little knot in my tummy watching it this season because I already know it's only got this season to go, and now that they've brought in Mephistopholes and the Archangel and Leon has taken on such a new importance, I'm just anxious as can be - but that bad sort of anxious like you get when there's just a few pages remaining in a really great book. That feeling where you don't want it to end, so you're trying to read it more slowly, and sometimes you just put it down without ever finishing it because you can't stand for it to be over.

I so hope BBCA brings this back. That would be the bee's knees!


No comments: