https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Great Tits Enjoy Warming

Well, who didn't know that, right?

I have often wanted to post some sort of "Headlines" segment that just lists all sorts of headlines found online out of context - such as this one - but I never know where it would best fit and really, it could go either way most days. I have enough on my plate, anyway.

That's really what this post is about. A neighbor's stove is out and she came over here to fix dinner. The deal was, I was welcome to eat with them so long as they could borrow my stove. Seeing as how she made ribs, Northern (white) beans, and Cajun greens, I was all like, "SIGH. I guess so..."

She came over a little after noon and set the ribs in the oven and left. She came back at 3:30, put on the beans and greens, and warmed those up while she used the phone. Then she left and came back right at 5:00 to pick everything up. She made me a fat plate and took off. I was more than welcome to come over to their house and actually eat with them, but I'm good and told her so.

Still, given my month so far - and the last week of last month - and today in general, I just wanted to take a moment to commemorate this. Things are so much easier with a little help, you know?

I mean, she was barely here and I didn't mind it a bit when she was; she did what she came to do and didn't put me out even slightly; I did not have to do anything for supper except eat it! I actually managed to get a few things done along the way, including washing a few more dishes, having a very productive day here, and getting a few things back together that I've let go the last couple weeks.

It almost made me miss my social life. Not that I ever had much of one, outside of gaming. Still, most of the chicks to whom I am attracted are exceptionally hot, exceedingly fun to be around (wink-wink, nudge-nudge, know-what-I-mean?), and completely useless outside of the bedroom. I have no illusions.

All the same, I really liked having someone else around to take up a little of the slack, so I really need to like start meeting people or something. But not from around here.

Which brings me to my next question: any of you guys have a sister?

I am not opposed to going completely gay. Let's just get that right out of the way. There will be a period of adjustment, to be sure, but I am not totally against the idea.

I eagerly await your replies.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: