Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Monday, October 20, 2008

Nicole Richie on Chuck

Did you happen to catch (very) little Miss Nicole Richie on tonight's Chuck? If not, you really missed something! It appears Paris' stalwart sidekick is something of an actress.

I saw the trailers throughout the week and kept wondering if I'd heard them right: "Did they say... Nicole... Richie?" By the time I'd verified I'd heard it right, I had to catch the spot. Unfortunately, it didn't show her acting, just fighting, so I was intrigued. I mean, I watch Chuck every week anyway, but I really wanted to see how Richie would do.

And let me be the first to say: Not bad - not bad at all!

There were a few scenes where she seemed uncomfortable, but by and large, Nicole Richie did a fantastic job as the secret agent. She even managed to muster a little subtlety in her performance - a little nuance which belied her obvious typecasting as the snotty cheerleader. But let's face it, you got to start somewhere and when it comes to Richie, that's as fine a place as any. Really good episode and a stand-out performance.

What I did not know is that Nicole has appeared in other scripted shows throughout the years (as other characters, not herself). Check out the link above for her resume.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: