Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Sunday, October 19, 2008

SNL Tops Ratings

I cover Saturday Night Live off and on because that is how I watch it. I personally do not care much for the whole Presidential race nonsense because it's exactly that: nonsense. I made my decision a while back based on whatever criteria I hold dear and the mud-slinging, media horseshit, and pre-written "debates" play no part in that. That is why I haven't bothered with the whole SNL popularity resurgence based on Tina Fey's Palin impression.

But, like everyone, my curiosity was piqued and there was nothing else on, so I checked it out last night to see the hottie Palin's appearance. And I was not alone: Saturday Night Live pulled the show its best ratings in 14 years! The last time it had ratings this high was in 1994, when the host was Nancy Kerrigan.

The show's overall ratings for this season have been up 76%. But even more interesting is the fact that only 1/3 of the total viewers actually watched Saturday Night Live - the rest either saw it on DVR/TiVo or online!

© C Harris Lynn, 2008
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: