https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, April 03, 2009

Star Trek Rated PG-13

The new Star Trek motion picture has received its MPAA rating: PG-13.

PG-13 has become this magical rating all producers vie for: it means they can be just violent enough to bring in the older guys, just sexy enough to get the younger guys and girls, and not too much of anything so that kids can't get in without their parents. It's also that "magical" rating that all but guarantees mediocrity in most cases.

The latest Die Hard sequel - which was actually very good - achieved the magical PG-13 once the producers set beleaguered assistants to work digitally removing all the blood and blood spatters! True story. I would love to see that movie with all the gore; I truly wonder if it would be the kind of difference you would immediately notice, the kind of difference you would notice but not necessarily be able to put your finger on, or if it would make a difference at all. It was a good movie, either way, but since I heard that, I haven't been able to get it out of my head; I really want to see that flick the way it was intended, just so I know.

Since we know the Star Trek sequel is already underway, I could have predicted this one a mile back, but I would have said "PG-13" even if the sequel had yet to be announced.

By the way, the image is one from three just released (I will share the others throughout the weekend - they take literally 5-6 minutes to upload on dial-up!!!)! The Rundown is an official Star Trek blog; check back here often for all the news you need to know about Star Trek!


New! Official Star Trek Image
© C Harris Lynn, 2009

No comments: