https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Health Update

The surgery went okay, I guess; the visit was horrendous and the bottom of my chin is still numb, forcing me to constantly clear my throat to avoid choking, but the procedure itself apparently went well. I'll get into the sordid details of my hospital stay another time - if I had to choose a single word to describe it, that word would be "unsettling." But I don't want to start the day off negatively, so let's move on for now.

I posted a time or two throughout the week, but it wasn't easy - between the meds and just lying around, recovering, I had to do something to keep from going mad. I have one or two things for the weekend, but I'll probably go dark again until at least Monday. I really have to give myself time to heal.

I am back on broadband and using Win7, so things will be cool again shortly. Again, for those of you who have access, you really need high-speed Internet. Dial-up Internet is literally a different world - comparatively, it's a third-world shithole; you really have no idea from the Web if you are still using dial-up. It costs at least double what you're paying your ISP for dial-up, but it is so worth it, and a lot of the posts I'll be doing from here on out will prove this.

If, like me, you are in a rural area and cannot get broadband from the usual ISPs, you can always try HughesNet or ask your satellite provider for a reference to one of their partners.

© C Harris Lynn, 2010

No comments: