https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Monday, January 18, 2010

"Reaper" Quietly Reaped

As I'm soon to point-out (if I haven't already by the time this posts), I've pretty much turned the actual TV off at this point. And so it was with disappointment that I learned the CW's Reaper had been canceled unceremoniously.

It doesn't seem to have been missed, but it got a strong push when it first premiered and seemed to be a mild hit. Heck, my parents even started watching for a few weeks there after I introduced it to them on a visit! It got a full season's order (22 episodes - "The Back Nine") for its first season, too... I thought. I don't know the story behind Reaper's cancellation, but I recall the CW moving it around a lot and a lull between episodes.

The premise was probably a bit too far over the top, even though it was just cheesy enough to allow for good TV camp horror and would have made a good coupling with Supernatural. I believe Vampire Diaries knocked it off, but that does appear to have worked for the network and our beloved horror show, so there is a silver lining.

The other is that Reaper is available on Hulu.

© C Harris Lynn, 2010

1 comment:

Manodogs said...

Hear Kevin Smith talk about his experience directing Reaper and why he says he'll never do another TV project he did not write.