https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Trying to Organize

Part of the reason I've fallen so far behind is simple: I've once again become so disorganized that I literally have no idea where anything is, nor what I am [supposed to be] doing. I spent at least a few hours yesterday and today trying to rectify that, but I barely made a dent in it.

Like I said, things are going to slow down here while I focus on some other projects, including the cartooning course I have now been taking for going on a year and half (and for no other reason than that I never think about fucking with it until about this time of night, when I literally go, "Oh man! Ah, I'll do it tomorrow...").

I could go on a long diatribe about comic books and how I'm canceling almost all of my subscriptions, but I won't -- at least not now. I will still bring you all the press releases and review comics as I read them, but I'm not even trying to read Shadowland, or Curse of the Mutants, or Second Coming, or Heroic Age, or Image United, or Brightest Day, despite the fact that I have almost all of the issues of all but the latter.

I've decided to forgo all the "major, mega-series, crossover event that will change the n Universe FOREVER," and since every title insists on insinuating itself in those, making them completely unreadable unless you purchase basically every issue on newsstands (which I can neither afford nor have the time to read, nor give a flying fuck about), I'm just completely over it.

And I am so trying not to be a Debbie Downer here! This is my personal decision, and I've hinted at it and discussed it here several times over, so I don't want to throw cold water all over everything; I'm just personally disgusted and basically every comic book publisher out there has gotten a fat chunk of my money throughout 2010, so there's no love lost.

© C Harris Lynn, 2010

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What if we lived in a world where the whole universe changes FOREVER, like, twice a year; the way it does in comics? You'd be sitting at home watching the evening news and the anchor would say, "Don't forget that tonight is the armageddon to end all cataclysms; so be sure to set your lives back one hour before you go to bed. You wouldn't want to be early for apocalypse tomorrow."

Manodogs said...

Well, I know this much: we'd all be watching the news for days on-end, every time...