https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, September 16, 2011

Morning News

I'm big on ritual - and no, this is not some subversive take on religion or anything; I mean that I am big on having a set routine(s) and following it. I vary it from time to time, but what happens most often is that I end up missing my routine or getting away from it a few times in a row and it all falls apart.

My morning routine is one of those which comes and goes, but one that I really enjoy when I can stick with it. I make my coffee and often wash at least a few dishes while it brews, and I have to have a cup with my first cigarette. During this time, I like to listen to the morning news via NPR (National Public Radio). I listen to the Nashville stream, or KCRW (All News collected from several sources, including the BBC). After an hour or so of that, I turn on Hulu's The Morning After and set it to autoplay. After the roughly five-minute show, it usually plays The Colbert Report or Jimmy Fallon and I let it.

I use WinAmp for the radio stations. Inside of it is ShoutCast Radio, where you can find many more stations, both talk and music. There are more links to cool stuff on the Entertainment page.

So, that's my morning routine and I thought I'd share it with you for the links, if nothing else. Working from home is far less structured than it should be most of the time, and that's great because it allows you to be flexible and handle things people in more structured environments would find taxing, but I like routines and I try to keep-up with them.

© C Harris Lynn, 2011

No comments: