https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

On Popatopolis - A Review

Popatopolis is a documentary on little-known director Jim Wynorski. I have seen some of his films but never knew who the guy was until I saw this film. After viewing it, I immediately added more Wynorski flicks to my queue.

Chopping Mall is really the only Wynorski movie I know for certain I have seen and it's been so long since I've seen that, I don't remember much about it. But, according to the documentary, Wynorski makes "C"-rated movies. Most are now filmed digitally over the course of a few days. This doc follows Wynorski and a barebones cast and crew as they film a cheap sexploitation over only three days.

Wynorski is a larger than life character in his own right and makes a great focus, though equal time is given to the filming of the movie. I'll be reviewing a few of Wynorski's films in this series as a result of having seen this film.

Popatopolis is highly recommended.

© C Harris Lynn, 2012

No comments: