https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Monday, September 29, 2014

No 31 Days of Horror this Halloween

The past several years, I have tried (both with and without success) to review 31 horror movies throughout the month of October, leading up to Halloween. Some years, this has resulted in a slew of posts on the last day in addition to other "cheats" (one year, I reviewed several movies by the same writer/director and counted them but, in my defense, they were all basically the same movie and I really did see all of them) but other years, I succeeded without having to do anything other than what I set out to do. Still, it took a lot of time and effort that didn't always time-out just right, especially when I didn't post on weekends.

Now that we are doing The B-Raters, we see enough movies throughout the year that 31 Days of Horror (everyone was already using the "31 Days of Halloween" title and many have long before we came along) could write itself - so to speak - but instead, we're doing horror flicks throughout the month and I'm gonna skip the reviews.

Honestly, I used to watch a lot of horror flicks (still do) but the newer ones in particular rarely hold my interest and the cheesy ones aren't much fun to watch alone. I turn a lot of shitty movies off before they're over and bitch in frustration, which isn't much of a "review." Of course, shitty movies deserve little else than be denoted as such and I've seen most of the good ones from years past, though not all. The fun thing about it is that a lot of movies you might not have heard of or that don't look like they'd be very good are really worth checking out and that's why I started reviewing them in the first place; the not fun part is having to sit through all the really shitty ones alone.

So I'm not going to do that anymore or at least not this year, depending on how The B-Raters does. We'll see what next year brings... assuming we aren't blown to bits or living a horror movie!

© The Weirding, 2014

No comments: