https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Monday, May 21, 2007

Heroes Season Finale


Well, well, well - what did you think?

[SPOILERS]

I have to say things didn't go down the way I expected them to and Peter's and Sylar's ends weren't at all what I'd seen coming, but as soon as Nathan showed up, I got the gist of what was going down. I wasn't surprised that the other cats got shot, but I also didn't expect things to end the way they did.

I'm still a little confused as to everyone's intentions and motivation. Now that everything's out in the open between all the heroes (or most of it, anyway), I'm eager to see where things lead. I did love the ending with Hiro dropping off Ando and then going way back in time. Again, a bit confusing, as I can only assume he didn't do it on purpose, but Heroes has a tendency to fall into a talking heads show, then suddenly spring three or four things on you all at once. If you so much as get a drink or use the bathroom, you run the chance of walking back into a completely different show from the one you left!

Still, I like that it wrapped up a lot of the lingering storylines even though it knew it was coming back for another season. And the cliffhanger, while definitely a cliffhanger, moved the entire show in a brand new direction. I was pleased with that, because I honestly expected it to leave a lot of plates up in the air and for me to be disappointed.

I'll definitely be around for next season and I'm sure I'll check out the new spin-off at least for the first few episodes, but I really hope Heroes gets its act together and quits this bouncing back and forth. I really think it's over-reaching far too often. Like I said before, it can't decide whether it wants to be a superhero drama or a sci-fi drama or just a plain old drama, and it's afraid to take a definitive step in any direction. Make up your minds and go full-force, but quit this schizophrenic tennis match and get with the program!


No comments: