https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, August 25, 2006

First of Many Changes

Okay, so I've finally started doing half the stuff I've been putting off for months now.

Obviously, this blog has replaced the old Run Down from the site. The old entries are still there, but are obviously no longer accessible from the sidebar and I have no plans of posting the links on this one. If you are looking for a specific Run Down from the past, you will have to search for it; otherwise, well... most of them have been up there for like 8 years now. Kinda missed that window.

Besides, I've always archived them and removed them (except for the one or two with the most hits) after the new year. The only reason last year's were still up in the sidebar for so long was because I wasn't online for most of it. The posts were made offline and then uploaded all at once, so I left them up longer.

One of the cool things about original content is being able to control it.

I looked all through the GeoCities TOS and saw nothing against setting this up this way. I tried like hell to get my Yahoo! 360 blog hooked up with the site, but it will not work in a sub-directory and has to be the main file, which obviously won't work for me. I spent days in e-mails with them and also about half an hour on the phone. And while they were very helpful and worked hard to resolve the issue, there simply was no way to do it without a total site overhaul. So, if you are a Yahoo!/GeoCities representative and this is somehow a violation of TOS (which I was informed over the phone that it was not), please drop me a line before you lock down my site!

Speaking of total site overhauls, one is on the way. Both on the site and here on the blog. You'll notice the kitty is back. I know I used to swap out the images on the Table of Contents too, but I've been too busy and it's really kind of a pain to remember to do it. I am searching for a template to use here so it matches the site, but it has to be customized, and I am pressed for time as it is.

I may have some very cool news in the near future, but I'm sitting on it for now, just in case things don't turn out the way I plan.

At any rate, this is now the official Run Down for Fear the Outside. If you surfed here from the site, there will be a link at the bottom to get back to it (hit your End button) or just use the Back button in your browser; if you came directly to the blog and wonder what site we're talking about, there is a link in the sidebar. If you have no idea what any of this is about, lie down... and, maybe, wrap a cool towel around your head.

No comments: