https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Summer of Sci-Fi - TV Reviews Index and More!

Broadcast Executives Develop Heatwave Device

With scorching heatwaves wafting across the Western world, this has been the summer for TV -- and TV executives seemed so keenly aware of that, one has to wonder if they didn't plan it that way.

And while there were several big ratings-killers, the real treats have been in the sci-fi/fantasy and horror genres. From Hex to Eureka, to Stargate SG-1's 200th episode, Geekdom got rocked! And I have loved every minute of it (and blogged a lot of it)!

Sure, I'm probably thinner now than I was a few months ago (impossible!), possibly paler (dude, it's impossible!), and have developed a total aversion to sunlight... but it was totally worth it. And I have a whole list of blogs for nearly all the cool shows I've been watching all season long, but first, I just wanted to mention SG-1's 200th episode, which aired earlier tonight on Sci-Fi:

Stargate SG-1

I have several of these taped from -- wow, I guess ten years ago! -- when it was on Showtime, and I hate to admit it, but I never really got into it that much. I really liked the movie, though I haven't seen it in... wow! -- more than ten years?! (This is making me feel worse than spending my entire summer in front of the boob-tube!) But still, I wanted to check out the special and the 200th episode tonight, and it was really, really fun!

Which is great, because I've been looking for something to watch on Friday nights for a long time now, and thought I'd found it with IFC's Minor Achievements and The Business, but I haven't seen either of them back on since the night I blogged about them! So, it looks like I'll be giving SG-1 yet another shot.

Having said that, Sci-Fi's been on a roll all season long, and I've been right here with them. But let's not us forget the good ol' BBCA, with the seminal series, Hex, and their latest addition, Life On Mars (which is not exactly sci-fi, but still has a heck of a fantasy twist to it)! And here is the list of reviews and blogs I have made, concerning all of them (including Cabin Fever, which premieres on the Sci-Fi Channel tomorrow night):

  • Eureka
  • Eureka Comes Into It's Own
  • Who Wants to be a Superhero?
  • Hex
  • Lingering Questions About Hex
  • Life On Mars
  • Why is Sci-Fi Rocking So Damn Hard? Cuz They Totally Are!
And for all my fellow B-rater lovers and MSTers, check out this entry for an idea of what the following weeks will bring on my entertainment review blog on BloggerParty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Minor Accomplishments and The Business are on IFC Fridays and Sundays at 11pm.

Manodogs said...

Thanks, but I haven't seen them the past couple of weeks. This Friday, they showed movies back-to-back all the way through, because I ended up watching the Stargate episodes like 3 times in a row. Nothing else was on...