https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, December 22, 2006

The Days Flu By...

The 2006 Winter Edition of The Weirding has been somewhat postponed... YES, AGAIN!

Details can be found on the Oddblog, but the long and short of it is that I was stricken with the flu about 2-3 weeks back and I didn't take very good care of myself, so it only got worse and is still hanging around. Add to this the whole holiday bit and the fact that I must go and visit this year (some of my relatives simply won't be around next year -- at the very least, they won't be able to participate -- and I have to see them), and you have an idea of where we're at.

Basically, some of the features will be up by Christmas day (Monday) and the rest will be linked-up throughout the week and probably into the New Year. After that, only the Oddblog will be addended to on a continuing basis between editions; editing, web development, and small additions (particularly to the S.A.F.E. RPG System) will also be made in-between issues, but major updates and changes will follow a quarterly schedule.

Thanks so much for your support and understanding, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but we'd rather produce quality than push a half-assed product out the door in order to meet a deadline; that is, in fact, the difference between "product" and what we are doing.

If you simply must blame someone, I'm the guy; I am the sole contributor of original content this issue, as well as the only designer, and I got The Crud and didn't act intelligently or quickly enough to stave it off before it got to where I just couldn't perform my daily functions.

I would like to give out a particularly loud Thank You to our own IntricateGirl for help with edits and web development on this issue and hopefully more in the future. While I'm at it, let me also reiterate my eternal gratefulness to Mayren for her continued and very welcome contributions here, which have allowed me the time I needed to not finish the website. And let us not forget Sean Lovett... even though I have no idea where he's gotten off to as late...

Please don't forget their other blogs and efforts, which they are sometimes a bit reticent to inform you of (why, I do not know).

And yes, readers here will get the Submissions Guidelines before they are made available on the site -- probably later this weekend -- but be aware that the 2007 Spring Edition will not be available until March/April of next year, so there's no real need to rush and have your submission tied-up for that long if you want to submit it elsewhere. We will accept multiple submissions (you can submit the same content to us, as well as other publishing markets, concurrently), but once the piece is accepted, the contract will not allow you to publish it elsewhere and we don't pay until publication. For those of you who are not familiar with how the slicks and rags handle it, this is pretty standard. Details will follow soon.

No comments: